You can check my professional experience at Linkedin, but allow me to share some highlights:
- Advisor at Talent Protocol Product Community
- Notion Ambassador Productivity Community
- Co-design lecturer in the Advanced Training in Service Design at Universidade Católica Portuguesa. Learning and Development Experience Design
- Co-Curator of the Notion Portugal Community Productivity Community
- Curator of the largest personal productivity group in Portugal Productivity Community
- Advisor of education and human resources startups (Harponn.jobs, Nautiluz and The New Digital School) Advising Learning and Development
- Co-Founder and Managing Partner of SensesLab, one of the main drivers in the education of the Portuguese market on the importance of experience design. We worked with startups, corporate businesses, and the public sector. Leadership Experience Design
- Mentor for dozens of people who have thrived in their professional path (see examples in the testimonials' section). Mentorship Learning and Development
- Member of InVision's Design Leadership Forum Leadership Experience Design Community
- Founder and Curator at REINVENTION.SPACE, a live experiment to help people to reinvent themselves. Learning and Development Community Writing
- Collaborative Design Advocate for two decades, and author of one of the top results on Google for collaborative design — Collaborative Design Sessions 101. Experience Design Community Writing
- Leader of the design team that helped kickstart Seedrs (as a service provider) — the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK. Leadership Experience Design
- User Experience Director at Seedrs Leadership Experience Design
- Director of User Experience at Técnico Lisboa, the most prestigious engineering faculty in Portugal. Leadership Experience Design Product
- CEO of Enough Pepper, the startup responsible for the award-winning online survey application Survs. A side project, done part-time by only four people, that was considered the best online survey application by TechCrunch, Washington Post, and .net magazine. Leadership Experience Design Product
“We hired Gustavo to overhaul the user experience (UX) and design of the Seedrs platform. His--and his team's work was absolutely outstanding: the product he delivered was a massive improvement on what we'd had, and it has received praise from all quarters. Key to this success was not only his inherent talent but the time and energy he spent understanding our business, appreciating what we needed to achieve with our UX and design, and then rapidly iterating with us as wireframes and then mockups came together. He is, simply put, world-class at what he does: we were very fortunate to get to work with him, as would be anyone else who wants the best of the best UX and design.” — Jeff Lynn, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder at Seedrs
"I have known Gustavo for 6 years and I can say he has been a masterpiece in the success of Harpoon.
Gustavo first brought us his expertise in the conceptualization phase of our product, our business model and finally our go-to-market strategy.
His insights have been extremely useful to challenge our vision and scale-up strategy.
He has always been a great listener, an honest and transparent professional and a very trustworthy and generous person always available to give a hand without expecting anything in return.
If you are looking for a game-changer, go for him."
— Matthieu Douziech, Founder at CEO at Harpoon.jobs
“Gustavo is an intelligent professional and pretty much the ideal person to work with.
He's a great project manager and, as such, a practical, result-oriented, no-micromanagement kind of guy. Fun and witty when need to be, he's focused and manages to keep track of 101 on-going projects — how he does it, I don't know. A great visionary and one of the pioneers in User Experience and Design Thinking in Portugal.” — Filipe Varela, Product Designer at Automattic
“Took me six months to convince Gustavo to join Landing.jobs because I knew (call it gut feeling?) and he has the track record to prove he's a UX leader and he would bring us to the next level. And he did. On a personal level, I'm going to highlight Gustavo's trustworthiness and a strong sense of responsibility. He's really committed and hard-working, has listening skills (very hard to find these days!), and a keen eye for minimalism and design. These allow him to become an advisor/mentor. For me it's a no-brainer: Looking for help with UX? Go. Thinking about hiring his company? Go. Looking for advice/mentorship? Go." — Pedro Oliveira, CEO at Talent Protocol and Co-founder Landing.Jobs
"To put it in very clear terms, Gustavo helped me to make the biggest decision of my professional and even personal life. Instead of going to work in Finance, with Gustavo's guidance, I connected with my deep inner-self and understood that I should follow my passion for Cinema. After this breakthrough, Gustavo was always there for me, with practical and straightforward suggestions, on my artistic career, personal life as well as business advice when I co-founded a startup. More than a mentor, he is a friend who I always can count. — Henrique Fialho, Post Production Coordinator & Assistant Director at O Som e Fúria
"I worked with Gustavo on the Landing.jobs 2015 redesign project, and surely won't forget that experience. He not only cares for the client as if their business was his own but also cares deeply for the people who work alongside him. He gives everyone the best conditions so that they can do their best work. He doesn't force you to anything, he gives you space and time you need to learn, work, improve, succeed. This is what great leaders do — they enable others. Gustavo is a great listener with a keen eye for good design. He always gives constructive feedback and knows how to put his personal opinions aside so that the whole may succeed. He's a very trustworthy and interesting person with whom you can talk about anything. A natural giver, who never expects anything in return. I could go on and on about Gustavo, he's a guy with so many great qualities. But I guess if you made it this far, it's because you already decided to work with him." — Pedro Moreira da Silva, Staff Product Designer at GitLab
“Gustavo was a key part of bringing the marketing, design, and product functions together at Seedrs. He is a real thought leader in UX and human factors and helped build the framework for applying business metrics to design and growth. Highly recommended.” — Peter Thomson, Head of Technology at The Icehouse
"Gustavo has mentored me for the past few years, and the time I spend talking with him is definitely worth it. His insights, based on an extremely clear way of thinking, really help me in setting a course of action for my company and my life in general. If you're looking for a mentor able to accompany you through the different life stages of a young entrepreneur, Gustavo is a fantastic choice." — Pedro Andrade, Co-founder & CEO @ Hunter Boards
“It was a real pleasure to have worked with Gustavo. His contribution was critical in defining and implementing Seedrs user-centric approach. Gustavo was always the first in trying to measure and understand how our users interact with our platform and in identifying the key points to improve.
His in-depth knowledge of all aspects of UX, together with his continuous desire to research new approaches made him an invaluable member of our team. I'm sure that, due to these characteristics and to his ability to focus on the details without losing track of the big picture, he will be very successful in his future endeavors.” — Carlos Silva, Founder, Advisor, and Board Member at Seedrs, Partner at Faber Ventures